Network Programmer C++ PS5 title - Liverpool or Remote (UK only)
We are seeking an experienced Network Programmer to join a double Golden Joystick nominated studio based in Liverpool to be a core part of a small but experienced team, total studio headcount is approx. 160, on an incredibly exciting PS5 project. As one of their Network Programmers you will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of client-side networking.
The position will initially be remote and when circumstances allow onsite in Liverpool
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join a successful, stable and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe.
Key responsibilities: -
• Deliver high quality networking of gameplay systems and network heavy gameplay systems using appropriate levels of abstraction.
• Identify and debug networking problems quickly and efficiently.
• Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult networking problems.
• Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency (for both development time and runtime performance).
• Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
• Expert in networking concepts and able to use networking primitives with minimal support.
• Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time & space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
• Awareness of multithreading concepts and able to use multithreading primitives with guidance.
• Capable of reading and understanding game code.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Able to plan their work with some assistance.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebases
• A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone
• Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross discipline communication
• Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
• Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
Salary is dependent on experience, CVs to email@example.com
We think you’ll like these...
Excellent Salary and Benefits DoE
£30 - 40,000
£40 - 50,000
£50 - 60,000
£60 - 70,000
Lead Server Developer to work with one of the best Indie Dev studios in the UK.