Amiqus have partnered with one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups in the field of animation for both video games and film. They are looking for a Lead Technical Animator / Rigger to develop their next generation character pipeline for their brand new animation tech.
What you will be doing:
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and creatures.
- Work with senior TD’s to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline.
- Communicate with production and other departments working on the project.
- Be actively involved in advancing the general work standards of the studio.
- Assess upcoming project requirements and also with other departmental leads to ensure character assets adhere to quality and technical specifications.
What we would like to see:
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and be able to work interactively with modellers to resolve challenges.
- Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Excellent MEL scripting, Python scripting skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Facial Rigging
- Maya API C++
- Three.js. WebGL
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Rigger. Strong production experience on game cinematics and/or VFX and realistic characters is preferable.
For further information or to apply to this role please contact Lee on 01925 839 722 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org