Senior or Lead Programmer
Are you a Senior Programmer, with great mentoring skills, looking to empower a team in your first Lead position? Or are your currently a Lead Programmer, looking for a new challenge, with a passion for physics games?
Amiqus have partnered with No Brakes Games, who are looking for a Lead or Senior Programmer to join them, as they embark on creating their next game.
No Brakes Games, are a talented team of indie developers passionate about creating quality games. They are now looking for a Lead Programmer to join them in their modern and welcoming studio in sunny Tenerife.
Following the phenomenal success of Human: Fall Flat, it’s such an exciting time to be a part of the team as they are working on a new and unannounced title currently in pre-production. Creativity, fun, and innovation are at the heart of their games and they always encourage the team to feel empowered, happy, and inspired as a collaborative force.
They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as help with relocation costs. They're also set up for remote working until it’s safe for everyone to return to the studio.
- Take ownership of the code architecture and technical quality.
- Actively write code for systems / features alongside other programmers.
- Lead and mentor the team of programmers: share your expertise and lead by example.
- Be a champion for quality at the studio having a “player-first” attitude, actively working to improve the player experience.
- Support Production in defining objectives with realistic and achievable timeframes.
- Identify risks within development and actively provide solutions.
- Establish and encourage best practices amongst the team.
- Communicate and collaborate with other disciplines including Design, Art & QA.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer to ensure that feature requirements are met.
- Experience using Unity (or Unreal) and C#. At least 1 shipped title on PC or Console.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Quality focused, with a “player-first” approach.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Positive and proactive attitude.
- A solid understanding of physics games.
- Prior experience in a senior / leadership role.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on character action / 3D platformers.
This is a fantastic opportunity, based in sunny Tenerife and will provide a relocation package and competitive salary for the right candidate. Or you can work remotley in Europe working on a contract basis.
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or email@example.com to find out more.
We think you’ll like these...