Server Lead Programmer
Amiqus are working in partnership with Payload Studios to help them attract a talented Server Lead to join their self-funded independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London (currently working
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What You’ll be doing:
You’ll join a highly talented code team and will be responsible for developing and enhancing online-backend systems for their games.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing reliable and high performance online services for our games
- Making key decisions on server side architecture
- Providing advice to the rest of the team on server side issues
- Building and managing a small server side team of programmers
- Planning and organising tasks, to deliver features to a schedule
- Working with the other Leads to coordinate tasks and technical implementation, based on the current roadmap. This will include working with other disciplines such as Design and QA
- As a senior team member you’ll help mentor junior team members and plan their skills development
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation as required
Required Experience and Skills
- Professional Game Programming Experience (at least 4 years) including 1 or more shipped games
- Proven ability to organise and coordinate a small team of programmers
- Working knowledge of C++, NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, Docker and orchestration software such as Marathon or Kubenetes
- Experience with designing around databases, replication, reliable/unreliable protocols, security, high throughput requirements and stateless vs stateful server design
- Knowledge of the client-server model, Game API design, load balancing, analytics and 3rd party integrations
- Conceptual grasp of user generated content, persistent environments, large simulated worlds
- Excellent communication and writing skills
If the above sounds like it could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for then get in touch. For a casual chat about the role in more detail call me on 01925 839 722 or drop me an email on email@example.com I look forwards to hearing from you.
We think you’ll like these...
up to £30k
£20 - 30,000
Marketing & Commercial
Amiqus are working with an award-winning independent publisher to track down an experienced, highly organised and detailed individual to join them as a Release Coordinator.
Excellent salary and benefits DoE
£20 - 30,000
£30 - 40,000
£40 - 50,000
£50 - 60,000
Game Economy Designer
Mobile Game Designer
Experienced Monetisation Designer to work with an awesome indie developer based in the UK, London.
depending on experience
London or part remote
£50 - 60,000
£60 - 70,000
£80 - 90,000
Lead VFX Artist to join AAA studio to work on brand new IP