Interested in working with one of the UK’s most successful indie developers. We have an amazing opportunity for you to have a real impact and help shape the future of this studio!
As Technical Director, your expertise and experience will be highly valued, and you’ll be deeply involved with all aspects of the game and the technology that powers it. You’ll provide technical direction for the Studio, identifying immediate technical needs and supporting the engineering team to deliver on its goals and aspirations.
The studio is known for innovation and always look to push boundaries, so this will be a challenging role to be relished by someone who seeks to lead the way and set the agenda, rather than follow the steps of others.
As the Technical Director, you take leadership and responsibility for all aspects of technology and technical development at the Studio, so you will have plenty of experience of:
- Defining the technical direction, standards and processes.
- Working with Engineering Leads to ensure delivery of the necessary tools and technology.
- Working closely with Creative Directors to build the vision of the game, ensuring it becomes an actionable technical design that will deliver quality.
- Working with the Art and Design teams to identify and define pipelines, workflows, and tools needed throughout the development process.
- Evaluate both internal and external technology solutions and make recommendations that will drive technical excellence, keeping informed of innovations in technology and making informed decisions on our technical approach.
- Managing internal and external technology dependencies and risks.
- Write code to support the engineering team and to help ensure product time deadlines are met.
- Support Studio Director with Studio strategic planning from a technological perspective.
- A minimum of a Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or relevant work experience in the games industry.
- Proven experience of games development at a lead or management level, having shipped at least two AAA games.
- An expert in the C++ programming language and with the ability to turn your expertise to anything code related
- In-depth working knowledge of core engine systems.
For further information or to apply to this role please contact Lee Burns on 0044 1925 839 722 or email me on email@example.com